The Logic caught up with some BCS staff members to gather final thoughts on this school year, as well as see what they would be up to this summer.
How would you describe the 16-17 school year in one word or phrase?
- A year of growth
- Sometimes stormy, but a rainbow of blessings!
Favorite Memory of 2016-2017 School Year?
- My favorite memory is when the preschoolers voted for class president. It was a tight race between George Giraffe and Al Alligator, but Al Alligator pulled it out and won!
- Taking the 4th grade class to French Creek State Park to walk around the lake.
- 6th grade Hall of Fame moments, Corny jokes, 6th grade pranking me, Lunch Bunches, Medieval day, Class Olympics
- My favorite memories always surround watching students together in things like plays and concerts, sports teams, group project presentations, older students with younger, and even pep rallies! And I love when our families all come together for events like Homecoming and Celebrate BCS!
- Going to the Book Barn with Ally and Tori
- Holly Follweiler being selected for District and Regional Band.
Favorite Summer Activity?
- I love reading a good book by the pool!
- Going to the beach, hanging by the pool, camping, watching sunsets, outdoor movie nights, Disney World!
- I’m looking forward to taking long walks. I also love having some extra time to get together with friends to catch up after the busy school year.
- Reading outdoors.
- Reading on the beach.
Drinking coffee on the beach.
Walking on the beach.
Driving to the beach.
- Vacationing with my wife and two daughters.
Favorite Summer Scent?
- Yankee Candle Sun and Sand
- Ocean breeze
- The salt water brine you can smell when you are getting near the beach and you open your car windows. Close second: fresh peaches.
- Air freshness after a rain.
What did you learn this year?
- I learned that I still have so much to learn!
- God is always faithful, no matter the circumstance!
- I forced myself to learn more about flute playing than I ever imagined.
- I am continually reminded that we belong to the Faithful God. He is so good to me even when I fall so short! He is so patience!
- Teach it, review it, then review it again.
- Watch out for fingers when closing a car door (sorry, Amber)